Understanding the view
- Click on an organisation name to go to the corresponding organisation profile page. Organisations appear listed in order of research output indexed in Inspec with the highest total number of articles at the top.
- The number of articles is also shown by Inspec classifications: A- Physics, B- Electrical engineering and electronics, C- Computers and control, E- Mechanical and production engineering.
- The coverage column indicates the breadth of coverage the articles cover under each classification e.g. If the articles cover half of the 2,265 Physics classification codes in Inspec, the coverage will be 50%. This is a good indicator of how specialised an organisation’s research output is; two organisations may publish the same number of articles within ‘Physics’ but one could be a general research organisation, whereas the other only publishes on, for example, astronomy.
Reordering your results
- Click on "Articles" to reverse the order of your results with the lowest number of articles at the top.
- Click on the one of the subject classification counts to reorder your results by that subject e.g. A- Physics.
Navigating your results
- Reveal more results per page using the drop-down at the bottom of the table
- or jump to a row by typing a row number in the "Go to" box.
- Click through to the next page using the arrows,
Filtering your search
- Search for an organisation using the search box at the top of the table. Start typing to see suggestions or click search to see results including your search term.
- Filter the date range of your results using the "From" and "to" drop-down selections.
- Click "Advanced" to see advanced search options:
- Use the drop-down to select "Include" or "Exclude" search terms.
- Search with an organisation name, location or organisation type.
- Add multiple conditions. Each condition will be treated as "OR".
- Search for whole words, partial words or start typing to see suggestions and select an organisation.
- Remove conditions by clicking on the corresponding "X" or by clicking "remove all".
- Click "Apply" to see your results.
- Select up to five organisations from your results.
- Click "Compare selected organisations" to open the Organisation Comparison page.
Exporting your insights
Click on "Export as PDF" at the top of the page to download your current view. The PDF includes a link to your view so you can return directly to the data in the future.