Understanding the view
Follow our guide below or skip to our walkthrough video.
- Controlled terms appear listed in order of research output indexed in Inspec with the highest total number of articles at the top.
- For each controlled term you can see the number of articles indexed with the term and the number of co-occurring controlled terms and subject classifications.
- The percentage change column shows total change in output as a percentage over the selected time period.
- In the last three columns, you can see the number of organisations, journals and conferences associated with articles indexed under each controlled term.
- Search for a controlled term using the search box at the top of the table. Start typing to see suggestions or press "enter" to see results including your search term. Click "Advanced" to see advanced search options:
- Use the drop-down to select "Include" of "Exclude" search terms.
- Add multiple conditions. Each condition will be treated as "OR".
- Search for whole words, partial words or start typing to see suggestions and select a controlled term.
- Remove conditions by clicking on the corresponding X or by clicking "remove all".
- Click "Apply" to see your results.
- Click on a term to go to the Concept Page for that term.
- To compare output for a number of controlled terms, select your chosen subjects and click "update graph". The line graph at the top will display the research output for each of your selected subjects over time and percentage change for each year. Hover over the points to display the number of articles for each year.
- To display your results as a histogram chart, select the toggle at the top.