Follow the guide below or skip to our walkthrough video.
The Concept Pages tell you everything you need to know about an Inspec controlled term:
All Inspec articles are assigned several 'controlled terms' – subject keywords – which the article is about. Additionally, several 'subject classification codes' are assigned, which are generally more specific than controlled terms, and also place it on a detailed hierarchy - differentiating between, for example 'Statistics' for differential geometry, within Physics, or 'statistics' for Electrical Engineering, or Computing, or Mechanical Engineering. This contextualisation gives far greater meaning to a keyword than just a single controlled term.
Understanding the view
- The controlled term you are currently viewing.
- This line graph shows the number of articles indexed with your selected controlled term over time. Hover over each point to see the number of articles and percentage change for each year.
- This tile shows the number of articles indexed under your selected controlled term.
- This title shows the change of research output as a percentage between the selected years.
- These tiles show the other controlled terms and subject classifications that are frequently applied alongside your selected term. The number shows how many articles are indexed under both terms and the bar indicates this as a proportion. Click on a term to jump to its Concept Page.
- Click on the controlled heading to view and compare all co-occurring terms on the co-occurring controlled terms page.
- Click on the subject classifications heading to view and compare all co-occurring subject classifications on the co-occurring subjects classifications page.
- The top organisations tile shows which organisation has published the most articles in your selected controlled term. The ranking is based on number of articles indexed in Inspec.
- The Journals and Conferences tiles show which journals and conferences have published the most articles on this concept.
- Click on the journal title to visit the journal page.
- Click on the conference title to visit the conference page.
- The Related controlled terms and subject classification tables show other related terms such broader terms (less specific), narrower terms (more specific) and related terms. Click on a term to go to the Concept Page for that term. Click on the headings to view and compare all terms on the related controlled terms pages.
Exporting your insights
Inspec Analytics controlled terms concept pages video