These pages allow you to analyse the subjects that most frequently appear alongside your chosen subject.
Understanding the view
- The table displays the list of co-occurring controlled terms or subject classifications associated with research for your selected controlled term. Terms appear listed in order of research output with the highest total number of articles at the top. Click on a column heading to change or reverse the order.
- For each term, you will see the total number of articles indexed in Inspec.
- The percentage change column shows the total change in research output for each term over the selected time period.
- Search for a term using the search box at the top of the table. Start typing to see suggestions or click search to see all results including your search term.
- Click "Advanced" to see advanced search options:
- Use the drop-down to select "Include" or "Exclude" search terms.
- Add multiple conditions. Each condition will be treated as "OR".
- Search for whole words, partial words or start typing to see suggestions and select a term.
- Remove conditions by clicking on the corresponding "X" or by clicking "remove all".
- Click "Apply" to see your results.
- (For Co-occurring controlled Terms only) To compare output for a number of terms, select your chosen terms and click "update graph". The line graph at the top will display the research output for each of your selected terms over time. Hover over the points to display the number of articles and percentage change for each year.
- Filter the date range of your results using the "From" and "to" drop-down selections.
Exporting your insights
Click on "Export as PDF" at the top of the page to download your current view. The PDF includes a link to your view so you can return directly to the data in the future.